I.R.A. Istituto Ricerche Applicate S.r.l. relies on state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and software to prepare cosmetics and medical devices and carry out the following:
- Total bacteria count;
- Yeast and mould determination;
- Pathogenic determination: Candida Albicans, Escherichia Coli, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Aspergillus Niger, Salmonella, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, etc.
Qualitative and quantitative analyses:
- HPLC with mass and UV-vis spectrometry;
- GC with mass spectrometry;
- UV-Vis spectrophotometry;
- FT-IR spectroscopy;
- Osmolarity determination;
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC);
- Density determination;
- Dry weight determination;
- Fatty acids determination;
- Refractive index determination;
- Rheological analyses;
- PH determination;
- Patch test;
- Challenge test;
- Stability test;
- Accelerated Stability test;
- UVA/UVB Ratio (SPF);
- UVA protection test.
We can also carry out specific analyses upon request.
Quality is key to progress and an integral part of our production processes. We update our quality policy continuously to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our production plants are regularly checked by our clients and certification bodies.
Our quality standards are always improving, as demonstrated by our certifications:
- ISO 9001:2008 since 1995 with certificate No. 423;
- ISO 13485:2012 “Medical Devices – Quality management systems” since 2008 with certificate No. 13790;
- ISO 22716:2007 “Cosmetics – Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Guidelines on Good Manufacturing. Practices (GMP)”;
- EFfCI GMP Guide for cosmetic ingredients.